“I want to start a blog”
“Hmm, so what are you waiting for”
‘Start a blog‘ how it looks like? pretty awkward for someone and inspiring for many. Blogging as a career is like thinking out of the box. Yes, it is tough at the time of beginning but you wouldn’t get negative results if you do this by heart.
- Harsh Agarwal founder of ShoutMeLoud has never thought that he would make $40,000/month.
- Shradha Sharma founder of YourStory has never thought that she would make $30,000/month.
The blogging is not hard, but still, a perfect strategy is required before you start a blog and earn a passive income of around $1000 a month.
You have come to the right place and yes, in the last 15 minutes, I’m going to show you how you would start a blog from scratch, a step-by-step guide on how you can change your blogging passion into reality. 😄😄
Disclosure: This post may contain an affiliate link. So whenever you buy something from our link we sometimes earn a commission.
What is blogging?
Do you know any thing in which no one can beats you?
If you know any topic like that you can start a blog from there.
Blogging means a person writing content and publishing it throughout the internet so that people would get useful information from the blog/content. It is generally sharing your views on a particular topic.– Pankaj Shaw.
I think you have understood that anything which you write and publish for the motive to give valuable information is blogging.
Blogging is not a small process it required too much of standard steps to build a successful blog website. Here is the complete road map on ‘how to start a blog’. Read the full Guide.
How to start a blog.
So, how to start a blog, what resources you actually required while diving into this large pool of blogging. I will guide you step-by-step how you will start your blogging journey as a career by choosing a profitable niche along with a profitable blog.
So how is the blueprint looks like of ‘How to start a blog‘;
- Step 1: Develop Blogging skills
- Step 2: Pick a blog niche
- Step 3: Select a good platform
- Step 4: Pick a domain and choose a Web hosting
- Step 5: Set up your blog website
- Step 6: Create important pages for your website
- Step 7: Build a social community
- Step 8: Build a content writing strategy
- Step 9: Write your first blog post
- Step 10: Monetize your blog website
I hope this valuable blueprint that I have revealed to you will help you out to set up a great blog website and start your blogging journey from there.
Does blogging is easy?
Everything is easy if you are dedicated to doing that work. Blogging is very easy for you to earn money by sitting at home, it’s not that easy but it’s not rocket science too. If you work hard up to 2-3 hours a day you will get positive results soon.
Does I can start a blog for free?
Yes definitely, by creating a blog in Blogger.com you are eligible to start a blog for free but if you want to get fastest results you have to invest on buying domain and hosting to start a blog in WordPress, the best part is ‘by investing you can grow up to 3x-5x.
Tips when starting a blog
1. Good Content writing skills,
2. High level of Creativity,
3. Basic knowledge of SEO and Online marketing skills,
4. Detailed knowledge of your blogging niche (discussed below).
5. Goal setting technique.
How to start a blog?
Here are a few easy steps:
Step 1: Develop Blogging skills
Step 2: Pick a blog niche
Step 3: Select a good platform
Step 4: Pick a domain and choose a Web hosting
Step 5: Set up your blog website
Step 6: Create important pages for your website
Step 7: Build a social community
Step 8: Build a content writing strategy
Step 9: Write your first blog post
Step 10: Monetize your blog website
- What was the first time you have heard about blogging? and
- What is the Duration between you heard about blogging and decided to Start a blog?
Comment below your answer.
Before starting, I want to say if you like our quality content on ‘how to start a blog‘ it will not end up here, we will regularly upload newly made unique content so that you can skyrocket your blogging journey. So, make sure you will subscribe to our newsletter.
Note: If you are reading this post on mobile you are surely running the AMP version of our website. If you want to subscribe to our blog you can go to the footer and select ‘view non-AMP version‘, Either pop up will appear or you can scroll down to the bottom you would surely get a subscribe form. I would assure you that I will boost your blogging journey just from my small contribution and your hard work. Just Subscribe! I would happy to welcome you.😊😊😊
So let’s start,
Step 1: Develop Blogging skills.
Do you know, why I have taken this as my first step? because most of the people enter into this market just to make money from here. Ya! definitely this is a place to earn massive incomes but without creating valuable content, your dream to earn money online will not work.
Blogging is not a small thing, it’s a big responsibility that how you will deliver your content throughout the internet, but that’s not enough you must learn basic skills for blogging.
I’m explaining you through a list.
- Good Content writing skills,
- High level of Creativity,
- Basic knowledge of SEO and Online marketing skills,
- Detailed knowledge of your blogging niche (discussed below).
- Goal setting technique.
Now I think you have understood what I need to say, before starting a blog, invest your one week just researching about blogging ins & outs.
It will help you out to understand better that ‘How you could able to start a blog and blogging as a career’.
So what’s the conclusion, if you want to be in the race of successful bloggers you have to work hard more on yourself by upgrading your blogging skills which are absolutely required to become a successful blogger.
What skills you required in blogging?
5 basics skills you need:
Good Content writing skills,
High level of Creativity,
Basic knowledge of SEO and Online marketing skills,
Detailed knowledge of your blogging niche (discussed below).
Goal setting technique.
How to develop blogging skills?
To develop blogging skills:
1. Spend 1-2 hours in research for blogging
2. Learn SEO and content writing skills from neilpatel blogs or YouTube channel
3. For inspiration read ShoutMeLoud blogs, and watch interviews of successful bloggers
3. Follow me! 😁😁
What is your suggestions to develop a good blogging skills?
Comment below, so that other bloggers would follow your suggestions. Be their mentor!
Step 2: Pick a Blog niche.
Do you know, a future successful blogger who spends quality time to find a good niche earns more than the bloggers who spend less time while doing so.
A profitable blog origins from a profitable niche.
what is a niche? In terms of blogging a niche is an act of creating a blog for targeting a particular segment of an audience within a niche market.
Suppose, if you have started a blog to guide your audience about affiliate marketing and blogging, then your niche would be blogging and online marketing i.e you are targeting a particular segment of the audience who want to know about affiliate marketing and blogging.
While picking a niche there are two possibilities;
- you must have a clear knowledge of your niche suppose ‘business’, and
- there must be a good amount of audience who would search along with reading your blogs.
Just like ShoutMeLoud, who has a niche related to blogging guide, and online marketing, and what is the best thing here? ShoutMeLoud gets tons of traffic from this particular niche because there is a large audience within a market that wants to learn blogging and marketing.
What about you? do you know any certain topics on which you are 100% confident that, you could able to write a good amount of content on it.
- Note: 1 Don’t go for multi niche i.e one day you write about what is digital marketing and the next day you are writing about the best recipe for making chicken soup, this will affect your SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Search Engine while crawling your website wouldn’t able to predict what actually your blog is about whether digital marketing or recipe website, this results in a lower ranking in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
- Note 2: There is one more concept of micro-niche blogging i.e targeting audience to a deeper section of the audience, for example, business is a niche under which writing content only on ‘small businesses’ is a micro-niche. I don’t prefer micro-niche blogging because you would get a limited amount of content if you are working on micro-niche blogging.
- But micro-niche blog is best for ranking higher in google, oh Great!
- But at the same time, you have to analyze whether you can able to write a good amount of content in a micro-niche blog.
There is no one in the world, who doesn’t specialize in any certain niche, and if you have so then what are you waiting for start your blog website and enter into this blogging world and earn in millions.
Just a reminder: Read this full blog to get complete detail on ‘how to start a blog‘.
There is one more thing I want to say is don’t pick a niche in which you don’t have any knowledge & experience, I have found many beginners who pick a blog niche just for making a profit from there, and at the end, they get nothing from there and waste their valuable money.
A profitable blog comes from a Profitable niche and if you have both of them then there is no one who can stop you from earning million dollars per month.
Recommended: Why niche blogging is best for passive earning?
How to find a blogging niche?
If you want to find a niche so that you can start a blog then find your inner quality i.e in which topic you have excellent knowledge in which no one can beat you whether, fitness, business, any product, you start your blog.
How to find a niche which is profitable?
If you know about anything in which you have excellence is a profitable niche, because if you have pure knowledge about anything you would write a content that will be 10x or 100x better than your competitors so, it’s a win-win situation.
What is a niche?
In terms of blogging a niche is an act of creating a blog for targeting a particular segment of an audience within a niche market.
Benefits of Single niche?
A single niche is best because it will help Search engines to identify that this blog website is particularly on ‘this niche’ most importantly it will increase the chance to rank on Google SERPs just because of your quality content on a single niche.
What if you choose a niche in which you don’t know anything?
In this situation, your blog website would fail because, if you don’t know about a niche it will be hard for you to make content on it, as well as hard for you to rank on google because you can’t provide good content.
Why many bloggers fails to choose a niche?
The reason behind many bloggers fails because they choose a niche in which they have zero knowledge. For example, if you know about blogging but I started to write on a food recipe in which you have zero knowledge, you will fail because you can’t able to create good content. So try to write on which you have 100% knowledge of it.
What is your favorite topic in which you can create a content easily?
Comment below, I will reply to your comment with brainstorming suggestions related to your topic.😊😊
Step 3: Select a Good Platform.
A good platform means ‘a battle between WordPress and Blogger.com’. Before starting ‘dream merchandise’ I was using blogger.com for more than a year. It is a blogging platform by Google, but I’m glad that within a month of my dream merchandise I have shifted from blogger.com to WordPress and that’s the best decision I have taken.
Why to choose WordPress.
- Useful plugins that will make your blogging journey easy
- Jetpack – Helps you to access powerful features like automation, moreover, it is a mixture of the function of around 5-6 plugins.
- AMP – boost the website speed for mobile users
- Rank Math SEO – All in one SEO tool kit which boosts your SEO and multiplies your traffic 5x
- Tools that help you to write SEO friendly articles and can boost your conversion rates.
- Well-designed Dashboard which will help you to access your website from back-end smoothly.
Resources Required for WordPress
- A domain name which cost you Rs.300 – Rs.600
- A server space i.e hosting which cost you Rs.1000 – Rs.1500
Why not to choose Blogger.com
The reason behind I’m not suggesting to go with blogger.com is the low scope of success, In my early stage of blogging, I found blogger.com effective because there is no investment required to start a blog.
The major cons of blogger.com
- No plugins
- A simple dashboard
- Old fashioned text editor
- Excessive use of HTML code: A huge drawback of the ‘blogger.com’ platform
As I moved further in my blogging journey, I’m not getting any results of my hard word it’s not because I’m doing any mistake, but I was on the wrong platform. When I have started blogging I haven’t thought that something like WordPress also exists.
I have deeply researched WordPress for more than a month then I decided to migrate my website from Blogger to WordPress that was the best decision I had taken.
- Recommended: Best platform for blogging: WordPress vs Blogger
Just after 2 months of running my website on WordPress, I have made my first $10. Thanks to me for such a decision.
I’m not stating that blogger.com is not a good platform, it is fine but if you want to earn huge money WordPress is the only solution.
I think you would able to understand the usefulness of WordPress. If I would know about WordPress and it’s effectiveness I would surely go for it much earlier, but I’m still happy that I have migrated my self from blogger.com to WordPress on time.
If you are a beginner then I request you to start with WordPress because I have seen a good level of results while using WordPress.
So what you need while starting a blog website through WordPress just Rs. 2000 in your pocket, I know its hard for beginners to invest Rs. 2000/year but, if you are hardworking then this Rs. 2000 will become a consistent $100-$1000/month revenue, which is about 30x of your investment.
Start with WordPress.
Don’t worry I will guide everything about blogging ‘all from scratch so don’t worry, Just Subscribe!😉😉
Which is a good platform for blogging?
WordPress is one of the best blogging platform, which I use and recommend:
1. Useful plugins that will make your blogging journey easy
-Jetpack – Helps you to access powerful features like automation, moreover, it is a mixture of the function of around 5-6 plugins.
– AMP – boost the website speed for mobile users
– Rank Math SEO – All in one SEO tool kit which boosts your SEO and multiplies your traffic 5x
Tools that help you to write SEO friendly articles and can boost your conversion rates.
– Well-designed Dashboard which will help you to access your website from back-end smoothly
How much you have to invest while starting a blog?
If you are starting a blog in blogger.com then you don’t require any money to invest, but there is very little scope of success.
If you start your blog in WordPress then you required to buy hosting and domain which cost you a total Rs.2000 but has a high scope of success.
What you think which is best ‘WordPress or blogger.com’?
Comment below, or If you want any personal suggestions from me you can contact me via.
Step 4: Pick a domain and choose a Web hosting.
The step 4 is totally based on procedure for registering and setting up your website.
Whenever you start a traditional business you would require to register the name of your business and have to choose a location where you do all your business operations.
In the internet world, domain works as the name of your blog website, and web hosting works as a webspace in which you store your website files which acts as a location of your business operations
Explaining you in deep.
If you have chosen ‘WordPress’ as your blogging platform then this step is for you. I hope all my visitors have selected WordPress. Nice!👏👏
A domain is generally an identity of your blog website, whenever you start a blog you required a domain name i.e the name of your website, for example, amazon.com, shoutmeloud.com.
Now a key factor comes here ‘How to find a domain’
It mainly depends on you that what name should you give to your blog website, whether askme.com, powergrills.in, it’s up to you.
But here is the main question arises, whenever you start a blog, decide first do you want to target a whole world or a specific region.
Basically there are two types of domain which is mostly famous;
- gTLD– It stands for Generic top-level Domain, which is basically used to target a large group of audiences throughout the world. Few examples are;
- .com: A top-level domain that is widely used for commercial purposes,
- .org: A top-level domain that widely used for big organizations like; unicef.org,
- .net: A top-level domain that widely used for big organizations involved in networking.
- ccTLD– It stands for Country-code top-level Domain, which is basically used to target a specific group of the audience i.e a particular country.
- .in: a Country-code top-level Domain for targeting India.
- .au: a Country-code top-level Domain for targeting Australia.
Now its up to you, where you want to target the audience throughout the world or specific country, there are few domain registrar companies that provide you a domain name at less cost.
Web hosting is a web space where you can store all your files of a website. It’s just like a shop under which you store all your products.
Types of web hosting are:
- Shared Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- Dedicated Server.
Whenever you buy a hosting you must understand the size of operation you conduct within a website. If you are starting a website which conduct a large scale of operation you could start with dedicated or if you are a beginner who is just started a website you can go for shared hosting.
As you are starting a blog then shared hosting would be your best option to start with.
- Recommended: How to choose a web hosting provider [5 Expert tips]
How to buy Hostinger hosting
I recommend a beginner to start with hostinger shared hosting, here are the steps to buy hostinger shared hosting;
Step 1 – Go to the hostinger official website ‘hostinger.in’.
Step 2 – Click on hosting on the menu bar and select shared web hosting.
Step 3 – Once you click on shared web hosting you will be entered into a new page where you have to choose one from among three hosting plans. I have selected the Premium Web hosting plan by clicking on ‘Add to cart’.
Step 4 – After you select one of the web hosting plans you will be sent to the cart section where you have to focus on these things;
- Duration of plan i.e 1 month, 12 months, 24 months, and 48 months, I would recommend selecting 12 months plan.
- Add-ons with their plan like; free SSL Certificate.
- Eligible for the free domain; skip this for now.
- Bonus: you would get an extra 10% off by applying coupon code, contact me via. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After doing this, click on checkout now
- When you click on checkout now, you will be redirected to create an account in hostinger ‘create an account by signing in with Google, it will be more convenient’.
Step 5 – After following step 4 you have to choose the payment option as of me I have selected UPI, then I have filled all the related information which asked in Fig: 2. and select continue with payment.
Step 6 – After doing all this you will be redirected to a new tab where you will pay the amount according to the plan you select, just after doing all the payment process a confirmation email will be sent to you on your email.
By following all of these steps; congratulations! you have successfully bought an hosting.
Recommended shared hosting reviews.
- Hosting you Love- HostGator shared Hosting
- Best #1 Hosting for WordPress | SiteGround Review
- Hostinger Shared Hosting Review 2020
- Bluehost Shared Hosting Review 2020
How to buy a domain?
It mainly depends on you that what name should you give to your blog website, whether askme.com, powergrills.in, etc. it’s up to you. One more thing, where you will target your audience? i.e geolocation, if you want to target audience from the whole world go with TLD domains, if you want to target a particular country like India go for ccTLD domains.
Best domains for blog website
.com, and .net is the most popular domain, whereas, if you target particular geolocation like India then .in, for Australia then .au, etc.
How to buy a hosting?
Your business operation would decide which hosting is good, if you are a beginner blogger then shared hosting is best, if you are opening a business then cloud hosting is most suitable, or if you have big-business then a dedicated server is best.
From where to buy domain?
The best domain registrar company is;
1. Namecheap – My recommendation
Best hosting provider
The best hosting providers are;
1. Hostinger- My recommendation
4. SiteGround – too expensive
From where you want to purchase hosting and domain?
comment below, if you feel it’s hard to find a good domain and hosting you can contact me;
Step 5: Set up your blog website.
So what we covered till yet;
✅Picked a blogging niche,
✅Selected a good platform. I hope you have chosen WordPress, 👏👏
✅Registered a Domain name,
✅Bought a hosting for your website.
After doing all so, the next step would be to set up your website.
How to set up a website in Hostinger
Disclaimer: The images you will see below when you follow the steps to set up a website in hostinger is actually a screenshot taken from the YouTube channel of Hostinger ‘hostinger academy’, by taking prior consent from their customer support.
Here are the steps to setup a website in Hostinger.
Step 1 – Once you complete the checkout process and log in to hostinger account you would be asked to set up your premium hosting account, click on Setup,
Step 2 – Once you click on setup it you to a new page in
- Fig: 1 click on Start Now,
- Then, in Fig; 2 you would get three option, as you have bought premium hosting you would be eligible to get free hosting, select choose a free domain
- Once you click on the button, you would get an option to search for your preferred domain name, if your preferred domain name is available you would get an option ‘Continue’ click on it.
Step 3 – Once you setup your domain;
- Select Build a website in Fig: 1
- Then select WordPress in Fig: 2; Now
- Once you select WordPress, you will be asked to select an email and password for your WordPress account, which is required at the time of logging into your WordPress dashboard. so choose wisely, and don’t forget the email and password you will enter here.
- Once doing that, you have to choose a template for your website in Fig: 3, choose any of the templates you want, drag the pointer towards that template, and click select.
- After selecting a template, Click on finish setup in Fig: 4
Step 4 – After the setup is done you have to do two more things finishing your domain registration and installing free SSL Certificate.
- Click on manage site in Fig: 1
- Once you enter into the control panel of hostinger you would find a yellow button option of Finish domain registration in Fig: 2
- just after you select the option, you will be redirected to a new page in Fig: 3, fill all the necessary information and click on setup shown in the blue button.
- Once you do the domain registration setup, you can again enter to the control panel
- Once your domain gets registered and entered in the control panel, scroll down to the bottom you would find an SSL option in the Advanced section in Fig: 5 click on SSL
- Select Setup on the yellow button in Fig: 6
- Select activate in Fig: 7, and
- Select Install in Fig:8,
- It may happen that the SSL Certificate fails to install just because your domain setup has not completed yet, it took 2-3 hours, so try to install the SSL after 2-3 hours
Step 5 – After all the setup was done, go to your control panel,
- In Fig: 1 you could see at the top the name dashboard click on it you will enter your dashboard.
- Once you click on the dashboard, you have to log in to your WordPress dashboard, fill the username and password which you have created in Step 3 Fig: 2
- This is how your dashboard looks like in Fig: 3
Congratulations! you have successfully created a website in hostinger.
How to install plugins on WordPress
After Installing WordPress you required to install & activate certain plugins, which is important for your website to have it.
Here is the list of important plugins I use and definitely recommend.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages – for boosting site speed on the mobile version.
- Convertful – for an email subscription.
- Broken Link Checker– for identifying broken links of your website.
- Easy Table of Contents
- Jetpack by WordPress.com– to use powerful features.
- Ninja Forms – for creating forms on your website.
- Rank Math SEO – all in one SEO tool.
- Smush – reduce the image file size which takes ages to load.
- Sucuri Security– for auditing, malware, and hardening.
- UpdraftPlus – for backup/restore
- W3 Total Cache – for improving the speed and performance of a website.
Here are the steps to install a WordPress plugins.
Step 1 – Drag your mouse towards Plugins and select installed plugins.
Step 2 – After selecting installed plugins you would get a option ‘Add New‘ click on it.
Step 3 – After clicking Add New a list of plugins will appear on the screen, you have three options either;
- Upload plugins from your device, or
- A menu section is appeared like; featured, popular, recommended, etc, or
- you can search for a plugin by typing its name or its function.
Step 4 – Now select a plugin of your choice and click install, as of me I’m installing the Akismet Anti-spam plugin.
Step 5 – After a plugin gets installed click on Activate, the plugin which you have installed get activated within a few seconds.
Step 6 – After the plugin gets installed it will send you to its Set-up page where you have to do its basic setting. After doing all such settings, drag your mouse pointer towards plugins and select installed plugins. Now you would get access to all your plugin which you have installed.
In the same way install all the plugins which I have recommended above.
How to install a good theme for your website.
After installing your plugins, your next step is to select an attractive theme for your website
Here are the steps for doing so;
Step 1 – Drag your pointer towards Appearance and select Themes.
Step 2 – After you select Themes option click on Add New.
Step 3 – After selecting Add New, you would get two options either uploading your theme from your device by clicking on Upload Theme or you would get a list of popular themes or you can search for a specific theme through a search box.
Step 4 – After selecting an attractive theme ‘as of me I have selected Harrison theme’ Click on Install and at the same place where you clicked install, you would get the ‘Activate button’ activate it.
Step 5 – After you install and activate your theme, it will send you to customization, customize your website, It’s up to you how you will design it. You can get lots of customization options in the left sidebar.
Step 6 – After doing all the customization you can click on publish option, your all the changes would save and your website will go live with a new theme.
If you have installed WordPress and customized your website in a great way, then it is the best time to move on to the next step.
How much time does it take to set up a website in hostinger?
It takes 20 minutes 27 seconds to set up a website through hostinger, If you say the total time it took to me to set up the whole website from A to Z, it took 2 days to me under which I have worked more than 32 hours for building a complete website from scratch from building a website to the customization of my website.
What are the most important plugins to install on a website
Here are those 15 plugins, which I use and recommend:
1. Accelerated Mobile Pages – for boosting site speed on the mobile version.
2. Convertful – for an email subscription.
3. Broken Link Checker– for identifying broken links of your website.
4. Easy Table of Contents
5. Jetpack by WordPress.com– to use powerful features.
6. Ninja Forms – for creating forms on your website.
7. Rank Math SEO – all in one SEO tool.
8. Smush – reduce the image file size which takes ages to load.
9. Sucuri Security– for auditing, malware, and hardening.
10. UpdraftPlus – for backup/restore
11. W3 Total Cache – for improving the speed and performance of a website.
Building a website is hard for many beginners, that’s why I’m always ready to help you to rescue you from this problem, Contact fast, if you have any problem while building a website:
Step 6: Create pages for your website.
Creating pages for your website is very important for your visitors to understand, what is your website actually about, how you are using visitors information, at what extent you are allowing your visitors to use your website, etc.
Building pages for your website is also important for getting Google Adsense approval. Now you would understand how important is building such pages.
What pages you required on your website.
- About Us – is created to help visitors what is your site all about.
- Contact – is created to help visitors to contact you.
- Terms & Conditions – is created to instruct visitors to what extent they are allowed to use your site.
- Disclaimer – is created to limit your liability of the outcome come from the use of your website.
- Affiliate Disclosure – is created to show your visitors that you are using an affiliate link within your website.
- Refund Policy – is created to clarify that you have any refundable scheme or not if someone purchases something from your website or through an affiliate link.
- Links policy – is created to ensure your visitors that you are using links on your website that are not misleading, and harmful to them.
How to create a page of a website.
Here are the following step to create about page;
Step 1 – Drag the pointer towards pages present on the left sidebar of the WordPress dashboard and then select All pages.
Step 2 – After going to the Pages section you must select Add New option.
Step 3 – After selecting Add new a edit section will appear, where you can add title as you can see in the picture and a writing text block will appeared on the screen. so start writing about yourself, about your company and your goals to start your blog website.
Step 4 – After writing your About page you can see a Publish button on upper right hand side. Publish it.
Just like this way you create all the pages on your site.
The most required pages for your website is;
- About Us
- Terms and Conditions
- Links policy
Create all these mandatary pages and display these pages on your website through making a menu, or sidebar, or footer, as per your choice.
Does building pages is important to build on a website?
Building pages is important to get Google Adsense approval?
Building pages for website is hard?
No there are many websites on the web, which has an automatic tool for building contents under such important pages for your site, just you have to fill website title and it’s URL you will get the inner content of the pages.
Which pages you should build?
1. About Us – is created to help visitors what is your site all about.
2. Contact – is created to help visitors to contact you.
4. Terms & Conditions – is created to instruct visitors to what extent they are allowed to use your site.
5. Disclaimer – is created to limit your liability of the outcome come from the use of your website.
6. Affiliate Disclosure – This is created to show your visitors that you are using an affiliate link within your website.
7. Refund Policy – is created to clarify that you have any refundable scheme or not if someone purchases something from your website or through an affiliate link.
8. Links policy – is created to ensure your visitors that you are using links on your website that are not misleading, and harmful to them.
Do you have any doubt in your mind while building a page?
Step 7: Build a social community
Do you know? half of the world’s population are using social media, and the most exciting part ‘my first $10 payout comes from social media, where I have sold ‘hostinger web hosting’ to one of my clients.
Social media is a great way to build a blogging community and if you are a blogger it is one of the most important ways to generate millions of traffic to your website and get a huge number of followers of your blog.
A blog website couldn’t rely only on Organic traffic especially when you are a beginner because they don’t know much about the ins and outs SEO i.e how to rank on Google organically, how to get traffic from organic search, how to rank on multiple keywords.
So a beginner is not capable enough to get organic traffic so there is only one way left to drive traffic to your site is through social media.
Advantage of social media marketing; Create your brand awareness just like; ShoutMeLoud, YourStory, Dream Merchandise, etc
- Increase your social media followers
- Promote your product and service
- Increase your conversion rate
- Boosts your SEO: If your blog website has too many social media followers there is a higher chance that people will engage more and create brand awareness this will indicate Search Engine Crawlers that a website which works on ‘blogging guide or any other niches’ has too many followers in social media this result that it will send a positive indication to search engine in Google SERPs.
I think you have now understand what is the significance of building a community through social media.
The best platforms to create social media community:
- Quora – space
These are the top social media platforms where you can build social media network.
I hope you have understand the step 7 and the importance of making social media community.🤩🤩🤩
You can follow me on this social networks for getting latest content;
I’m not forcing anyone to join but if you want to know everything about blogging I’m happy to welcome you. 🙂🙂
Best Social media platforms for bloggers
If you want to build a social media platform where you can gain a good amount of followers for your blog then these are the top source:
The best platforms to create a social media community:
5. Quora – space
How social media brings traffic?
If you are targeting a niche market you can go to social media, and publish your content there. If you have started a blog website you must have to build a social community for acquiring a good amount of followers who will love to read your content on that particular niche.
If you do so then surely more and more people will visit your website and it brings you tons of traffic.
Do you know any other social media to drive tons of traffic?
please comment below so that, everybody could know about it.
Step 8: Build a Content writing strategy.
We are now heading towards the end of our guide of ‘how to start a blog‘ and it’s step 8 the most important significant part of your blog website.
A content that is the backbone of a blog website, only your content decides the future of your blogging journey. If you don’t have good content your blog website may suffer a failure. Even I have experimented more than 5-6 times writing good content strategically, sometimes it works and sometimes not.
Read this full blog and comment below how this post look like to you;
- Useful, or
I’m waiting for your comments or you can send me an email on email@example.com, or you could subscribe, waiting for your response! 😄😄😄
Coming back to the point of how your content should be such that it will drive not only traffic but also will increase your conversion and subscribers for you.
Here are the steps to write a quality content;
- Research first before writing a content
- Grab useful data related to your topic
- Write something unique
- Do proper keyword research
- Write an attractive title.
- Grab the attention of your visitors by writing engaging content.
- Write as you are talking to your readers.
- Build content that has more use of human psychology.
I hope you have understood.
Now, how to write a SEO Friendly article?
Writing a content which is SEO friendly is totally based on your SEO strategy.
The ways you can write an SEO friendly article.
- Use Focus Keyword in the SEO Title
- Add Focus Keyword to your SEO Meta Description
- Use the Focus keyword in the URL
- Use Focus Keyword on the first 10% of the content
- Use focus keyword within your content
- Write at least 600 words within an article
- Use the Focus keyword in the subheading
- Add an image with a Focus keyword as alt text
- Keep the Keyword Density of focus keyword up to 2%-3%
- Use internal links in your content
- Use external links in your content
These are the key factor that will help you to write a SEO friendly article. Most importantly you will be guided by Rank Math SEO plugin to write SEO friendly content if you start a blog in WordPress.
The focus keyword is a keyword or phrase which is used on the different points of your content which is used to rank on Google specifically on that keyword. Here, you have to use those focus keywords strategically without doing any stuffing otherwise your website would be penalized by Google.– Pankaj Shaw.
This all is the front part of the content strategy now, moving to the next part ‘backend strategy of content’
- Set future Goals: Set goals for your blog website either, income goals, conversion goals, etc.
- Decide your content type
- Be consistent while writing your content: use content calendar i.e fix your publishing dates.
- Target a good level of a niche audience.
Content is one of the best way to increase your conversion rates by creating value, after knowing the step 8, I hope it will be much easier for you to build a good content writing strategy by creating;
- Valuable content by engaging more visitors
- SEO friendly article, and
- backend strategy of content
Building a content writing strategy is important?
Yes definitely, if you don’t build a content writing strategy it will be hard for you to build good and engaging content for you. For example, If I have a blog website on blogging niche then I have to deeply think about:
1. How I would present my content throughout the internet
2. How I pursue people to increase my conversion,
3. How systematically I have to write my blog post so that, it will be easy to understand for them.
How to write a quality content which ranks on Google
Quality content based on many factors but some of them are most important;
1. Research first before writing a content
– Grab useful data related to your topic
– Write something unique
– Do proper keyword research
2. Write an attractive title.
3. Grab the attention of your visitors by writing engaging content.
4. Write as you are talking to your readers.
5. Build content that has more use of human psychology.
How to write SEO friendly article?
Here are some of the SEO friendly content writing skills which will help you to rank more faster:
1. Use the Focus Keyword in the SEO Title
2. Add Focus Keyword to your SEO Meta Description
3. Use the Focus keyword in the URL
4. Use Focus Keyword on the first 10% of the content
5. Use focus keyword within your content
6. Write at least 600 words within an article
7. Use the Focus keyword in the subheading
8. Add an image with a Focus keyword as alt text
9. Keep the Keyword Density of focus keyword up to 2%-3%
10. Use internal links in your content
11. Use external links in your content
What is focus keyword?
The focus keyword is a keyword or phrase which is used on the different points of your content which is used to rank on Google specifically on that keyword. Here, you have to use those focus keywords strategically without doing any stuffing otherwise your website would be penalized by Google.
What are external source to build a good content writing strategy?
The back end techniques of your content writing strategy;
1. Set future Goals: Set goals for your blog website either, income goals, conversion goals, etc.
2. Decide your content type
3. Be consistent while writing your content: use content calendar i.e fix your publishing dates.
Target a good level of a niche audience.
What about your content writing strategy?
comment below your views on it.
Step 9: Write your first blog post
Finally, you have successfully setup your profitable blog internally i.e
- Selecting a niche
- Choosing a platform
- Bought domain and hosting
- Done setup of your website
- Created a large pool of social followers
- Build a good content writing strategy
Now It’s time for outcome, your first blog post.
I know you are eager how exactly a first blog post should be, “keep it simple i.e an introductory”
I mean to say, start with your blog website’s introduction, about you and your co-authors, what’s your goals to start your blog ‘www.your blog name.com‘ reveal it to your visitors and your social followers.
After writing your first blog post share it throughout the internet, share it with your followers, friends & family, social media, etc and let them know that you have started something new.
If you do so there is the highest probability that people will know your brand ‘your blog name’ and they will cooperate with you and most importantly they will follow what you are teaching to them.
So your first blog should look like.
- Reveal, who are you?
- Why you have started blogging?
- Why you have come to this industry
- What you actually write about i.e your niche, and
- What would be your future goals?
The perfect way to write your first blog post. Are you satisfied with my opinion? comment below fast.
Go! write your first blog post. 👍👍
How to write first blog post?
Your first blog will be the first impression of your website. If you write a first blog post on ‘how to start a blog’ will reveal you will guide others about blogging. So how you will do that?
1. Reveal, who are you?
2. Why you have started blogging?
3. Why you have come to this industry
4. What you actually write about i.e your niche, and
5. What would be your future goals?
Step 10: Monetize your blog website.
Feel the word ‘monetize’. I know most of the people who will read this blog up to the end, will get a powerful knowledge on ‘how to start a blog’ but without monetizing your website it will not motivate you to write further.
Do you know the secret? if you have patience you can achieve this too. When I have started my blog at the end of 2019 I haven’t seen the face of google AdSense yet, still, I’m surviving without Google Adsense but why? because I have patience within my self that one day I would definitely earn my first $10.
Working continuously without any paycheck for more than 9 months. Thanks to god, in September I have earned my first $10 dollars.
Now you have understand the power of patience, and consistent hard work.
I hope you will work hard more than me and get your first income as soon as possible. but how you would do that, follow these two methods.
The two most popular way to monetize a blog;
- ✔️Affiliate marketing
- ✔️Google Adsense
There are many ways to monetize your blog website but I prefer to start with these two only because these two techniques are most popular who are involved in creating content.
Whether it’s a blog website or a YouTube channel, Google Adsense and Affiliate marketing is one of the best sources to start earning passive income.
In my next few blogs, I will deeply discuss these two monetizing techniques, so that you can master to make money online with these two popular methods.
So to be updated on my latest blogs on making money online, you can subscribe to our blog, or you can follow us on;
What is the best way to earn money from blogging?
The two best way to monetize a blog who is engaged in blogging is;
1. Google AdSense
2. Affiliate Marketing
Which monetization techniques is profitable?
The best monetization technique as per my experience is Affiliate marketing though Google AdSense is good, the money which you can generate from Affiliate marketing is 10x then you made from Google AdSense.
Starting a blog is easy, the hard part is how hardworking you are towards your blog. Everything depends on how many determinant, consistent, passionate you are with your blogging journey and most importantly your dream of earning money online.
I have explained you in deep that how to start a blog in just 10 steps.
- Step 1: Develop Blogging skills
- Step 2: Pick a blog niche
- Step 3: Select a good platform
- Step 4: Pick a domain and choose a Web hosting
- Step 5: Set up your blog website
- Step 6: Create important pages for your website
- Step 7: Build a social community
- Step 8: Build a content writing strategy
- Step 9: Write your first blog post
- Step 10: Monetize your blog website
Even further I will repeatedly publish amazing content about blogging so that you would able to understand the ins and outs of blogging.
Do you have any query? then comment below.
You can join our social community to be updated all the time or you can subscribe our blog.
Thank you!😃😃 see you soon in the next blog.