A blog website is generally one of the easiest ways to start a website and share your views and earn money but is only possible if you choose a niche according to your interest and passion along with the right platform for bogging.
Set up a website is a very easy process if you are buying hosting from hostinger which I recommend and prefer. As of my previous detailed post on the Hosting buying guide, The next step is to set up a website in Hostinger.
Before starting, I want to say if you like our quality content on ‘How to choose a web hosting provider [5 Expert tips]‘ it will not end up here, we will regularly upload newly made unique content so that you can skyrocket your blogging journey. So, make sure you will subscribe to our newsletter.
Note: If you are reading this post on mobile you are surely running the AMP version of our website. If you want to subscribe to our blog you can go to the footer and select ‘view non-AMP version‘, Either a pop-up will appear or you can scroll down to the bottom you would surely get a subscribe form. I would assure you that I will boost your blogging journey just from my small contribution and your hard work. Just Subscribe! I would happy to welcome you.
How to set up a website
Setting up a website is a 15 minutes process which is very easy if you follow all the steps sincerely.
In this compete tutorial of ‘set up a website’ it is divided into four major categories.
- How to install WordPress in Hostinger
- How to install the theme for your Blog website
- How to install and customize the theme for your website
- How to create pages for your website
How to install WordPress with Hostinger
Disclaimer: The images you will see below when you follow the steps to set up a website in hostinger is actually a screenshot taken from the YouTube channel of Hostinger, by taking prior consent from their customer support.
Here are the steps to setup a website in Hostinger.
Step 1 – Once you complete the checkout process and log in to hostinger account you would be asked to set up your premium hosting account, click on Setup,
Step 2 – Once you click on setup it you to a new page in
- Fig: 1 click on Start Now,
- Then, in Fig; 2 you would get three option, as you have bought premium hosting you would be eligible to get free hosting, select choose a free domain
- Once you click on the button, you would get an option to search for your preferred domain name, if your preferred domain name is available you would get an option ‘Continue’ click on it.
Step 3 – Once you setup your domain;
- Select Build a website in Fig: 1
- Then select WordPress in Fig: 2; Now
- Once you select WordPress, you will be asked to select an email and password for your WordPress account, which is required at the time of logging into your WordPress dashboard. so choose wisely, and don’t forget the email and password you will enter here.
- Once doing that, you have to choose a template for your website in Fig: 3, choose any of the templates you want, drag the pointer towards that template, and click select.
- After selecting a template, Click on finish setup in Fig: 4
Step 4 – After the setup is done you have to do two more things finishing your domain registration and installing free SSL Certificate.
- Click on manage site in Fig: 1
- Once you enter into the control panel of hostinger you would find a yellow button option of Finish domain registration in Fig: 2
- just after you select the option, you will be redirected to a new page in Fig: 3, fill all the necessary information and click on setup shown in the blue button.
- Once you do the domain registration setup, you can again enter to the control panel
- Once your domain gets registered and entered in the control panel, scroll down to the bottom you would find an SSL option in the Advanced section in Fig: 5 click on SSL
- Select Setup on the yellow button in Fig: 6
- Select activate in Fig: 7, and
- Select Install in Fig:8,
- It may happen that the SSL Certificate fails to install just because your domain setup has not completed yet, it took 2-3 hours, so try to install the SSL after 2-3 hours
Step 5 – After all the setup was done, go to your control panel,
- In Fig: 1 you could see at the top the name dashboard click on it you will enter your dashboard.
- Once you click on the dashboard, you have to log in to your WordPress dashboard, fill the username and password which you have created in Step 3 Fig: 2
- This is how your dashboard looks like in Fig: 3
Congratulations! you have successfully created a website in hostinger.
How to install plugins on WordPress
After Installing WordPress you required to install & activate certain plugins, which is important for your website to have it.
Here is the list of important plugins I use and definitely recommend.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages – for boosting site speed on the mobile version.
- Convertful – for an email subscription.
- Broken Link Checker– for identifying broken links of your website.
- Easy Table of Contents
- Jetpack by WordPress.com– to use powerful features.
- Ninja Forms – for creating forms on your website.
- Rank Math SEO – all in one SEO tool.
- Smush – reduce the image file size which takes ages to load.
- Sucuri Security– for auditing, malware, and hardening.
- UpdraftPlus – for backup/restore
- W3 Total Cache – for improving the speed and performance of a website.
Here are the steps to install a WordPress plugins.
Step 1 – Drag your mouse towards Plugins and select installed plugins.
Step 2 – After selecting installed plugins you would get a option ‘Add New‘ click on it.
Step 3 – After clicking Add New a list of plugins will appear on the screen, you have three options either;
- Upload plugins from your device, or
- A menu section is appeared like; featured, popular, recommended, etc, or
- you can search for a plugin by typing its name or its function.
Step 4 – Now select a plugin of your choice and click install, as of me I’m installing the Akismet Anti-spam plugin.
Step 5 – After a plugin gets installed click on Activate, the plugin which you have installed get activated within a few seconds.
Step 6 – After the plugin gets installed it will send you to its Set-up page where you have to do its basic setting. After doing all such settings, drag your mouse pointer towards plugins and select installed plugins. Now you would get access to all your plugin which you have installed.
In the same way install all the plugins which I have recommended above.
How to install a good theme for your website.
After installing your plugins, your next step is to select an attractive theme for your website
Here are the steps for doing so;
Step 1 – Drag your pointer towards Appearance and select Themes.
Step 2 – After you select Themes option click on Add New.
Step 3 – After selecting Add New, you would get two options either uploading your theme from your device by clicking on Upload Theme or you would get a list of popular themes or you can search for a specific theme through a search box.
Step 4 – After selecting an attractive theme ‘as of me I have selected Harrison theme’ Click on Install and at the same place where you clicked install, you would get the ‘Activate button’ activate it.
Step 5 – After you install and activate your theme, it will send you to customization, customize your website, It’s up to you how you will design it. You can get lots of customization options in the left sidebar.
Step 6 – After doing all the customization you can click on publish option, your all the changes would save and your website will go live with a new theme.
If you have installed WordPress and customized your website in a great way, then it is the best time to move on to the next step.
How much time does it take to set up a website in hostinger?
It takes 20 minutes 27 seconds to set up a website through hostinger, If you say the total time it took to me to set up the whole website from A to Z, it took 2 days to me under which I have worked more than 32 hours for building a complete website from scratch from building a website to the customization of my website.
What are the most important plugins to install on a website
Here are those 15 plugins, which I use and recommend:
1. Accelerated Mobile Pages – for boosting site speed on the mobile version.
2. Convertful – for an email subscription.
3. Broken Link Checker– for identifying broken links of your website.
4. Easy Table of Contents
5. Jetpack by WordPress.com– to use powerful features.
6. Ninja Forms – for creating forms on your website.
7. Rank Math SEO – all in one SEO tool.
8. Smush – reduce the image file size which takes ages to load.
9. Sucuri Security– for auditing, malware, and hardening.
10. UpdraftPlus – for backup/restore
11. W3 Total Cache – for improving the speed and performance of a website.
Building a website is hard for many beginners, that’s why I’m always ready to help you to rescue you from this problem, Contact fast, if you have any problem while building a website:
How to Create pages for your website
Creating pages for your website is very important for your visitors to understand, what is your website actually about, how you are using visitors information, at what extent you are allowing your visitors to use your website, etc.
Building pages for your website is also important for getting Google Adsense approval. Now you would understand how important is building such pages.
What pages you required on your website.
- About Us – is created to help visitors what is your site all about.
- Contact – is created to help visitors to contact you.
- Terms & Conditions – is created to instruct visitors to what extent they are allowed to use your site.
- Disclaimer – is created to limit your liability of the outcome come from the use of your website.
- Affiliate Disclosure – is created to show your visitors that you are using an affiliate link within your website.
- Refund Policy – is created to clarify that you have any refundable scheme or not if someone purchases something from your website or through an affiliate link.
- Links policy – is created to ensure your visitors that you are using links on your website that are not misleading, and harmful to them.
Here are the following step to create about page;
Step 1 – Drag the pointer towards pages present on the left sidebar of the WordPress dashboard and then select All pages.
Step 2 – After going to the Pages section you must select Add New option.
Step 3 – After selecting Add new a edit section will appear, where you can add title as you can see in the picture and a writing text block will appeared on the screen. so start writing about yourself, about your company and your goals to start your blog website.
Step 4 – After writing your About page you can see a Publish button on upper right hand side. Publish it.
Just like this way you create all the pages on your site.
The most required pages for your website is;
- About Us
- Terms and Conditions
- Links policy
Above are the website which creates your essential pages for free just fill the credential like, site URL, site title, etc; properly. Moreover you must read the whole content of your different pages before copy-pasting them into your respective pages.
Create all these mandatary pages and display these pages on your website through making a menu, or sidebar, or footer, as per your choice.
Does building pages is important to build on a website?
Building pages is important to get Google Adsense approval?
Building pages for website is hard?
No there are many websites on the web, which has an automatic tool for building contents under such important pages for your site, just you have to fill website title and it’s URL you will get the inner content of the pages.
Which pages you should build?
1. About Us – is created to help visitors what is your site all about.
2. Contact – is created to help visitors to contact you.
4. Terms & Conditions – is created to instruct visitors to what extent they are allowed to use your site.
5. Disclaimer – is created to limit your liability of the outcome come from the use of your website.
6. Affiliate Disclosure – This is created to show your visitors that you are using an affiliate link within your website.
7. Refund Policy – is created to clarify that you have any refundable scheme or not if someone purchases something from your website or through an affiliate link.
8. Links policy – is created to ensure your visitors that you are using links on your website that are not misleading, and harmful to them.
I hope this whole blog has helped you to make your task easier for setting up your website.
In the whole blog each steps of every category of set up is explained with 6 steps/each which will help you to set up[ very easily and comfortabily.
Do you still have any query? Comment below or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
It does not end up here, if you have read the whole blog then I suggest you subscribe to our blog so that you could get the latest blog update. Moreover, you can join our inner circle;
See you on the next blog😍😍